Mr Hugh Robertson started Robertson Realty Co. Ltd. in 1908. Over the years he brought in partners Hilliard and Cattell and formed Robertson, Hilliard, Cattell Real Estate and Insurance. As time passed the name was shortened to RHC Real Estate and Insurance. The company was purchased by Mr. A.K (Mac) McAdams and subsequently, in 1972, by Mr. G.T. (Bud) Darough.
The original location was in the 400 Block of Ward Street (in both the Madden Block and Griffen Block) but after a series of office upgrades RHC Real Estate and Insurance relocated the firm to its present location at 601 Baker Street, (the former premises of the Imperial Bank of Canada – which was later to become the Canadian Imperial Bank of Commerce).
The firm was purchased in 1994 and was owned/managed by Glen Darough. In 1996 Robertson Hilliard Cattell Realty Company Limited acquired the RE/MAX franchise and the name changed to RE/MAX RHC Realty. Also in 1996 the Insurance division was merged with McDonald Insurance, also of Nelson, forming RHC McDonald Insurance Brokers Ltd., which is now known as RHC Insurance Brokers Ltd. The firm was purchased in January 2019 and is now owned and managed by Clark Coyston.
Providing over 100 years continuous service to Nelson and area RE/MAX RHC Realty has become the area’s leading Real Estate Firm. We are a team proud to have grown with Nelson and look forward to providing quality service far into the future!